If you’d like to kick off the best week of your year with other Outlaw Cruisers the night before our 4-day adventure begins, then this pre-party is for you! Sure, you could spend all of your vacation fun money on a hotel, meals, and entertainment in New Orleans OR you could jump on board Norwegian Pearl a day early where we’ve wrapped everything into one convenient Outlaw Country package!
The Norwegian Pearl will dock at the Port of New Orleans all day and night on January 21st which will give you plenty of time to check in, get settled, and enjoy an extra day of great music, raucous activities, and the chance to chill with your friends at the bars and restaurants on board. We’ll load on the rest of our Outlaw family the next day and sail away to sunny Costa Maya, Mexico on January 22nd.
We are teaming up with New Orleans’s own Mystic Knights of the Mau Mau, Ponderosa Stomp to present a very special revue that is sure to be an unforgettable one-night-only program that will spotlight timeless artists that embody both the roots and attitude of the Outlaw Country legacy. This one-time-only Ponderosa Stomp blowout on board the Norwegian Pearl will feature an all-star revue of American music architects, including such legendary performers as Roy Head, Johnny Bush, Lazy Lester, Augie Meyers (Sir Douglas Quintet, Texas Tornados) and more!
PRE-PARTY SCHEDULE PREVIEW!
Explore NOLA by day then hop back on board for a night full of music and more! Keep in mind that the schedule below is just a preview and we’ll be releasing a sneak peek of the full Outlaw Country Cruise 3 schedule in the coming months.
Imagine Norwegian Pearl, our floating hotel for the night, turned into our very own swamp-de-wamp style hootenanny and that is a Bayou Bash. Laissez les bon temps rouler!
Need more reasons to join the best party in town?
No mandatory disembarkation the next day, so feel free to sleep in! (Of course you are also free to disembark to grab lunch or supplies in New Orleans.)
Access to the amenities of the Pearl, such as bars & lounges and dining options, are yours to enjoy for the night with your fellow cruisers.
Special New Orleans cuisine! We’re bringing New Orleans to the ship with a buffet filled with Cajun eats and treats!
Performances throughout the night from your favorite Outlaw Country Cruise musicians!
Most importantly, it’s your night to settle in, meet and reconnect with your fellow rebels and renegades, and enjoy an extra night of fun!
Reserve your cabin for the pre-party night for a flat rate based on room category and number of guests at the same time you make your cabin reservation. The additional pre-party night is sold per cabin and not per person regardless of how many in your party plan to attend.
Cost Per Person
Balcony & Suites
- The pre-party is only for guests sailing on The Outlaw Country Cruise 3.
- Guests will stay in the same cabin they reserve for the cruise.
- The cost of the cabin for the pre-party is determined by the number of guests in the cabin during the cruise. For instance, if you have a triple occupancy cabin for the cruise, you will pay the triple occupancy rate for the pre-party even if all three guests don't attend the pre-party. For example: If only one person in a double occupancy interior cabin attends the pre-party, the cost will be $250.
You may arrive at the port as early as 11:30AM CT and must be on board by 8:00 PM CT on Sunday, January 21, 2018. It is recommended that you book your flight to land in New Orleans no later than 5:00 PM CT. Everyone MUST check-in before 8:00 PM CT; those who do not check-in at the port by this time will have to check-in the next day when the port opens.
The port is approximately 17 miles (45 minutes) from Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport. Please allow extra time for traffic.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Customs and Border Protection regulations require that the casino and other duty free shops remain closed while we are in port. Specialty dining and spa services, as well as purchasing drinks at any of the bars will still be available.
- Local sales tax will be charged for dining, spa, and drink purchases while docked in New Orleans.
- The last day to add the Pre-Party to your reservation will be 12/15/17 at 6:00pm ET.
- Adding the Pre-Party to your reservation after the 12/15/17 deadline will result in a reservation change fee of $75 - $100.
Please contact us with any questions about the pre-party!
We realize that your vacation begins the moment you book your cabins and we wish we could look after your entire journey. However, the only part of your trip we can truly impact is the part that happens when you step on the ship. In years past, we have tried to manage the experience you have with hotels, airlines, rental cars, shuttles and we just can’t get them to care like we do. We will collect as much data as we can and refer you to hotels, airlines, rental cars, and shuttles so that you can make your own choice. We will see you on the ship and put our energy into making it the greatest vacation you have ever had!
At the port you will hand over any luggage you wish to check to the porters, and your bags will be delivered directly to your cabin. DON'T PACK YOUR DOCUMENTATION, MEDICATION OR OTHER IMPORTANT ITEMS IN ANY BAG YOU PLAN TO CHECK, AS BAGS MAY TAKE UNTIL 8PM CT TO ARRIVE TO YOUR CABINS.
Each piece of checked luggage must have a luggage tag listing your name, ship and cabin number. Luggage tags can be printed prior to the cruise during registration for e-documents and additional tags may be obtained at port from the curbside porters. *Please note that curbside porters are not employees of Norwegian and it’s customary to tip them $1 per bag.
DO NOT PACK YOUR PASSPORT, TRAVEL DOCUMENTS OR ALCOHOL IN YOUR CHECKED BAG.
Remember, at time of booking, you acknowledged that the laws that regulate the necessary travel documentation are subject to change and that it is your responsibility to be aware of what is required for travel.
View the latest information from Norwegian at www.ncl.com/traveldocs. Below are recommendations based on the current U.S. government policy. This information could be updated without notice.
Please note that the name on your ticket must match the name on your passport or you will need to provide an original copy of proof of change of name (marriage license, etc).
Sixthman highly recommends all guests travel with a passport valid for at least six months beyond completion of travel. Although a passport is not required for U.S. citizens taking cruises that begin & end in the same U.S. port, traveling with a passport enhances your disembarkation experience, as delays may be expected upon your return to the U.S. if you do not have one. Additionally, passports make it easier for you to fly from the U.S. to a foreign port should you miss your scheduled port of embarkation, or need to fly back to the U.S. for emergency reasons. If you do not have a passport you can use an original or state certified copy of a Birth Certificate as listed below.
The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) allows U.S. citizens (including children) sailing on cruises that begin and end in the same U.S. port to travel with one of the following WHTI compliant document:
- Valid U.S. Passport
- Passport Card
- Enhanced Driver's License (EDL)
- Original or state certified copy of a Birth Certificate PLUS a government-issued photo ID*
- Certificate of Naturalization PLUS a government-issued photo ID*
- Trusted Traveler Program Membership Card, e.g., Nexus Card, Sentri Card or Fast Card PLUS a government-issued photo ID*
*A government-issued photo ID is also required for all guests, including children 16 and over. For more information, a complete list of WHTI-compliant documents or to obtain a passport application, visit www.travel.state.gov.
For more information or to obtain a passport application, visit www.travel.state.gov.
All guests must carry a valid passport, and if necessary, a multiple entry visa is required for entry into the United States (i.e. B-2 Visitors Visa), or a visa waiver. Please be sure to check with the proper agencies and authorities (such as your local immigration office) before you sail because we can't board you without the proper documents. Travelers from the 38 Visa Waiver Program (VWP) countries* must have a machine-readable passport to enter the U.S. without a visa. All VWP travelers are required to obtain an electronic travel authorization prior to boarding a carrier to travel by air or sea to the U.S. under the VWP.
*ANDORRA, AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, BRUNEI, CHILE, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, ESTONIA, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GREECE, HUNGUARY, ICELAND, IRELAND, ITALY, JAPAN, LATVIA, LIECHTENSTEIN, LITHUANIA, LUXEMBOURG, MALTA, MONACO, NETHERLANDS, NEW ZEALAND, NORWAY, PORTUGAL, REP. OF KOREA , SAN MARINO, SINGAPORE, SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, SPAIN, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, TAIWAN and UNITED KINGDOM.
If you are not a US Citizen and are uncertain that you have the correct documentation please call US Immigrations at 1-800-375-5283 to be sure your identification will be satisfactory.
Alien Residents of the United States holding an Alien Registration Card (ARC or "Green Card") (Form I-551) may travel to Canada, Mexico, Bermuda (see Visa Restrictions on Bermuda) and the Caribbean with just their valid ARC and Proof of Identity. However, it is recommended that these guests also carry their passports from their country of citizenship if available. In some instances, ARC holders may still be required to have sailing permits and/or visas to enter countries Norwegian Cruise Line visits in these areas. Please note that travel anywhere else in the world requires a valid passport from the country you are a citizen of and subsequently subjects you to any documentation, visa and health requirements of all countries visited.
What if I do not have proper identification?
There is no Jedi Mind Trick around this, you MUST have proper identification to be permitted to board the ship. If you arrive at port without proper identification, while Sixthman will assist you in contacting the appropriate agencies, we cannot guarantee that you can successfully attain proper identification from the port, and this may result in being denied boarding without compensation. And this makes us sad.
These are OK
State certified, U.S. Birth Certificates only, most of which say 'Certified Copy.' Photo copies are not valid. Color, size, layout and flowery-but-official-looking-border on certificate may vary from state to state.
These are NOT OK
Do not bring your hospital certificate. If it says 'this is not a legal document.' Then it's not a legal document. We like you but we don't want to see your feet.
Need help packing?
Use our handy packing list!
- Travel Documents. On boarding day, you should bring your printed e-documents with you as well as a PASSPORT. If you forget everything else, please remember your documents. (Read more about proper identification ).
- Clothing or costumes for our THEME NIGHTS.
- Please plan to carry on any fine wine or champagne you wish to enjoy on the cruise. You will pay the corkage fee in the port. To speed up the process of checking your wine or champagne at the port, print out this form and bring it with you. DON'T PACK ANY ALCOHOL IN YOUR LUGGAGE.
- Bring cash, if you plan to purchase items while in port.
- Lots of sunscreen!
- Please plan to carry on with you any essentials, particularly any medication or valuables, since it could take several hours for your checked bags to be delivered to your cabin. You can carry on items that measure 24''w x 16''h (there is no restriction on the length of the bag). Be sure you keep your boarding documentation with you (passport, etc). DON’T PACK YOUR PASSPORT IN YOUR CHECKED BAG.
- You don’t need to bring a beach towel (they’re supplied on board).
- Hair Dryers. There are hair dryers included in all room types.
- Things to sell. No vending will be allowed on board.
- A Samsung Galaxy Note7. These are now prohibited by Norwegian Cruise Line.
- NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES. Guests are prohibited from bringing soft drinks, water, juice, and other non-alcoholic drinks on board. See our beverage policy for more details.
- ALCOHOL AND ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES. Guests are prohibited from bringing liquor and beer on board. However, fine wine or champagne may be brought on board during embarkation. See our alcohol policy for more details. The legal drinking age on board is 21 and is strictly enforced. Alcoholic beverages purchased in a foreign port, or in the ship's gift shop, will be retained by Norwegian until the cruise is completed. Absolutely NO illegal substances are permitted and all persons and bags are subject to search by US Customs during embarkation and debarkation.
What else can't I bring on board? Per Norwegian Policy: Passengers are not allowed to bring on board the vessel any firearms, weapons of any kind, ammunition, explosive substances or any goods of a dangerous nature, nor animals of any kind, except service or guide animals, provided the passenger notifies Carrier prior to the cruise of his intention to bring such animal and agrees to take sole responsibility for any expense, damage, injuries or losses associated with or caused by such animal.
Norwegian Alcohol Policy
Please note that with the exception of wine and champagne, all guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on board our ships. If you purchase any alcohol at one of our ports-of-call or in our onboard shops, the ship will safely store your purchase(s) until either the final night of the cruise or the morning of debarkation, at which time it will be available for pick up in a designated area.
Wine & Champagne Policy
Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below. Please note that for safety reasons there are no glass beverages allowed on the pool deck lawn.
750 ml Bottle: $15.00
1,000 ml Bottle: $ 20.00
1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00
Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board.
To speed up the process of checking your wine or champagne at the port, print out this form and bring it with you.
Guests can order items through the Gifts & More program including bottles of liquor that are delivered on board with mixers (not advertised but available if you call) and gourmet treats— outside of 10 days prior to sailing. Please note there are no glass bottles allowed on the pool deck lawn.
The Ultimate Beverage Package and Corks and Caps Wine and Beer Package are available for The Outlaw Country Cruise 3 guests at a 10% discounted rate. The Soda Program is available to all The Outlaw Country Cruise 3 guests at Norwegian's regular children's rate providing 26% in savings. For those who prefer bottled water we've got you covered with our Ice River Springs Bottled Water Package. Guests can pre-purchase these packages or they will also be available on board. Everything you need to know can be found at www.outlawcountrycruise.com/beverages.